Procedia Computer Science Volume , , Pages Author links open overlay panel Dinesh Chander a Rajneesh Kumar b.
- hp p1102w printer setup mac.
- Article metrics.
- CTTC copyright disclaimer!
- QoS Enabled Cross-Layer Multicast Routing over Mobile Ad Hoc Networks - ScienceDirect!
- my cloud mirror einrichten mac!
- PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF MAC PROTOCOLS FOR AD-HOC NETWORKS USING DIRECTIONAL ANTENNA.
Under a Creative Commons license. Abstract Quality of group communication using mobile ad-hoc networks depends on various factors like channel fading, signal quality, path loss, transmission and reception power of mobile nodes, mobility, link life and battery backup. Recommended articles Citing articles 0. Published by Elsevier B.
- how to buy microsoft word for mac on itunes.
- Performance Analysis of a Cooperative MAC Protocol of Wireless Ad Hoc Networks.
- the seven wonders fleetwood mac lyrics.
-  CR-MAC: A multichannel MAC protocol for cognitive radio ad hoc networks!
- using mod files on mac.
However, using both directional and omni-directional modes of operation leads to the asymmetry-in-gain problem and defeats the purpose of using directional antennae. In this thesis, we propose a directional-to-directional DtD MAC protocol where both the sender and the receiver operate in directional mode only. The first part of our design studies the issues related to directional MAC protocols and we use this knowledge to carefully design the DtD MAC protocol.
Performance Analysis of Reservation MAC Protocols for Ad-hoc Networks
The DtD MAC protocol is fully distributed, does not require synchronization, eliminates the asymmetry-in-gain problem and alleviates the problems due to deafness. To evaluate the performance of the DtD MAC protocol, we build an analytical model that measures the saturation throughput of the DtD MAC protocol in terms of the number of nodes contending for the channel, the packet payload size and the antennae beamwidth.
The analytical results were verified through extensive simulations.
We show that the DtD MAC protocol can provide significant throughput improvement in ad-hoc networks if the number of antennae sectors is chosen appropriately. The results obtained are promising and show that DtD MAC can improve the performance of networks using such high data rate technologies. Size: